How to hire great engineers
In a world that increasingly runs on code, finding and hiring great engineers is a constraint that is shared between all organisations whether they are a tech giant or a small startup.
Unfortunately, many organisations do not understand that there is a huge difference between software engineering and talent acquisition. Organisations commonly ask their best engineers to be involved in the interview process of finding new engineers. But, great engineers are not necessarily great at identifying top talent and helping them find a path into your organisation.
In this talk, I’d like to share the lessons learned by our organisation when we decided to focus on hiring as a top priority.
It is my intent that attendees of this talk will take the following points away:
* The difference between a job description and a job ad
* The complexity of sourcing channels
* How to create a hiring process that is objective and removes bias
* How to train engineers to be great at hiring
* How to create a great candidate experience whilst hiring