Challenges of Managing CoreFX repo
.NET Core's CoreFX repo is a large repo with unique challenges to handle bugs, contributions, triage issues, etc. The repo size is a challenge to monitor due to high traffic.
The talk will explore some of the key challenges our team encountered and how we handle them.
We will cover:
• Distributed monitoring model (per-area responsibility),
• Data-driven decisions for porting APIs from .NET Framework,
• Responding to new API proposals,
• Why sometimes you say NO to perf improvements,
How being open-source is shifting our engineering culture and interaction with customers,
• Similar models in other repos - ASP.NET Core, Mono, etc.