Workshop: Running Docker and Containers in Development and Production
Docker has changed the way that systems can be isolated, secured and deployed at scale. While containers can solve particular problems, they also introduce new concepts and approaches that developers need to be familiar with when running in production.
In this hands-on workshop, attendees will understand how to build systems that take advantage of containers in both development and production.
- Containers as a Development Environment
- Continuous Integration with Containers
- Running Containers at Scale with Docker Swarm
- What Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS and OpenShift are
- Service Discovery
- Load balancing and multiple hosts
- Monitoring, logging and debugging containers
Participants will learn lessons from real-world deployments of Docker and container-based systems.
You need to bring your own laptop with the following software installed:
- A modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE11+)
Attendees are recommended to start with the "Implementing Distributed Microservices" workshop but are not required.