Workshop: Implementing Distributed Microservices
Microservices are quickly becoming the popular way to build and deploy applications. However, the Micro aspect can quickly introduce unforeseen problems and lead to a fragile, error-prone production system.
This workshop provides in-depth, hands-on guidance and scenarios on how to build reliable and scalable services. Attendees will understand how to implement services that work in a distributed and asynchronous environment.
- Thinking beyond Microservices and towards Distributed and Asynchronous systems
- Managing API versioning and inter-system dependencies
- Introducing Service Discovery into the architecture
- Designing for failure and creating a fault-tolerant system
- Securing communications and authentication
- Monitoring, logging and debugging the Services
- Applying continuous integration and delivery with the services
You need to bring your own laptop with the following software installed:
- A modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE11+)
In the end, attendees will become accustomed to the approaches of building the foundations of distributed and asynchronous systems.
Participants are encouraged to follow-on with "Running Docker in Development and Production" workshop.