Workshop: Holographic Development with HoloLens
HoloLens is a new groundbreaking mixed reality (MR) device from Microsoft that overlays 3d holograms in your physical space. It enhances the physical reality and lets you work with holographic environments that interact with your real world, unlocking endless possibilities
HoloLens embraces virtual reality and augmented reality to create a new reality—mixed reality. Virtual reality immerses you in a simulated world. Augmented reality overlays digital information on top of your real world. By understanding your environment, mixed reality enables holograms to look and sound like they’re part of your world.
Learn in this workshop how simple it is to get started developing for the HoloLens even without owning one. You will have access to a real physical HoloLens to test your work out on as you go through the exercises.
Over the course of the day you will learn the fundamentals of holographic development including
- Using the tooling, such as the device portal, Unity 3D, the HoloLens emulator and more
- Managing gaze and gestures to interact with holograms
- Designing voice control and using spatial audio to engage the user
- Understanding what mixed reality is and what it isn’t
- Using a physical HoloLens device to get a true sense of the potential
Knowledge of Visual Studio 2015 and C# programming